Sunday, February 5, 2012

Remembrance of Canada

While I was looking through pictures in my phone I found some memorable moments from my exchange. For example my first bus ride from Toronto to Guelph when I fighter planes or what ever they are called. Quite impressive. 
There were also some pictures from my first trip to Detroit before Halloween. Fall colors in the USA just scream Halloween to me, it also reminded me of this one tv movie I watched. It is such a different feel to what life is like here in Finland.

Also one of my first sights in Guelph was this beautiful sunset, at the time it was raining and I was on my way to get some food as the next day would be Labour Day and no shops would be open. Its kinda odd how in Canada the sun would set at a certain time and so early in the day. Well for a Finn, whom is used to either dark all day or light all day, the Canadian light was so strange.

The one thing I've been craving like crazy lately, TIM HORTONS. Their french vanilla cappuccino is to die for! It was my favorite, and it even beat Starbucks! Lets see if I can convince anyone from Canada to send me the powdered instant coffee version. 
Pumpkin carving contest. There were some interesting pumpkins. Not much to say about this event, I ate a lot of free pizza and watched people carve pumpkins. Didn't try though, I had tried that once before and it doesn't feel so hot on your hands. 
Oh yeah a poster me and another Finnish girl made to promote our school. I think my school has had only one exchange student from Canada so far. Anyway we tried to highlight all the cool things about Finland. Like Lapland, Northern Lights, Nokia, Angry Birds, Hockey players. We also included pictures of Lahti and our school(though our school has no official picture of it, very lame)

No comments:

Post a Comment