Monday, January 23, 2012

The Year of The Dragon!

Happy Chinese New Year! 
新年快乐!
Today as you can see from the pictures was the Chinese New Year, the year changed at 6 pm Finnish time. We went to see the celebrations they had in Helsinki. Though the first thing we did was go to eat since we were so hungry. Then we watched some performances like the dragon dances and the most important part was the awesome fireworks! Unfortunately I only had my phone with me, how come a crazy photographer girl forgets her camera? Well sleep in late and then leave in a hurry with a headache. yep that does it. Anyways it was a great day. We started our new year celebration already yesterday with practicing how to make dumplings so tomorrow we can really make them. Posting some pictures of that process tomorrow. Soon I'll be a master in Chinese cuisine. 

Here's a video of one of the dragon dances, the dragons are so cute! It took me so long to get this video here and its only a minute with iPhone quality. So strange.

some of the fireworks, sadly didn't catch the heart shaped ones.
best fireworks I've seen live.

No comments:

Post a Comment