Friday, August 5, 2011

Exchange

Like I mentioned before I'm going on an exchange period next fall to Canada. The idea for the exchange came a long time ago from my sister taking that big step and flying over the Atlantic to USA for her exchange year. During Lukio(High School) for some reason I didn't find the courage to do the same and ever since I have regretted it. Well then I started studying International Business and found that I could do a half year exchange or more like I have to. After a few ups and downs I finally settled on the idea of going to Canada and luckily I got it. So where exactly am I going?

The place I'm going to is Guelph and I will be studying at the University of Guelph.

I guess this is the University

Where is it?

A marks the spot
So Guelph is about an hour away from Toronto and about 3 hours from Detroit, where my sis did her exchange. What I've read about the place it seems to be quite nice and what I know about the Canadian educational system has impressed me. It's going to be different from Finland and it's going to be hard, but that's what I want. I want to take this chance and study harder than I have ever before keeping in mind my future.
"Education is a progressive discovery of our own ignorance." - Will Durant
Official acceptance letter
The period will be hard because personal reasons, missing home and loved ones but it will be beneficial for my future career. Nothing easy is worth doing!
"Nothing that's worthwhile is ever easy. Remember that." - Nicholas Sparks

No comments:

Post a Comment