Friday, August 19, 2011

Back to Basics

When I was young I had blond hair, but at some point in my life I wanted my hair to be darker or browner or red. Finally came the day that I got tired of always having to go to a hairdresser to get my hair colored so it didn't look funky. So I decided to do it myself, bleach my hair to make it closer to my natural color. Here is what I used and the outcome.


There was the box and what was inside, the conditioner that came with it was really good. Almost makes me want to buy more of the boxes just to get the conditioner. I had to do the process twice as the color I was getting rid of was quite dark. Here the process of coloring:
We started with the top left picture, that was the color I had and loved. It was black with pink/red/purple highlights. The first step was when my hairdresser just removed the pink color and left me with the blond highlights, seen in the bottom left picture. Then I did the bleaching for the first time and came with the result seen in the middle two pictures. Doing it again we ended up with the right side pictures. I must say I'm quite happy with the result as it's closer to my own hair color than the color in the beginning.

So any side affects? I did lose some hair, but it did not become dryer not at all. So there really wasn't any side affects to me, but my hair is in really good condition. I don't really blow dry, curl or do anything else to my hair so it has been spared all the tiring things women do to their hair. So think twice before you do the same as I did. It might damage your hair badly or you might be as lucky as I was.

No comments:

Post a Comment