Sunday, July 29, 2012

Victoria Harbor and the rare blue skies!

Olympics are in full boom and Panda is glued to the screen. What is a girl to do in this situation?? Well edit pictures and blog about them, of course. Great opportunity to give you guys a little tour of Hong Kong. I tried to select only a few pictures but I failed, though this is just a small piece of the large amount of pictures I have taken. Anyways hope you enjoy and feel free to ask any and all questions that pop into your minds! :)
Here is my second day in Hong Kong. We started the morning with dim sum, sadly we were too hungry and I have no pictures to prove that. After the breakfast we made our way to Victoria harbor and the avenue of stars, which were really close to where our hotel was.
In the background you can see the mountain and its peak, which is a popular destination for tourists as it has a brilliant view of Hong Kong. I have some foggy pictures of it to come in a later post.

The avenue of stars has a similar design as the walk of fame in Hollywood. There were a lot of stars that I had never even heard of but some that I knew by name and some that Panda said I had seen in a movie or two. The big statue is the famous Bruce Lee!! One of my heroes. The stars from top to bottom are Jet Li, Bruce Lee and Jackie Chan. Jackie Chan's star was the hardest to see as he was so covered with tourist. No wonder though, he's my favorite too!
Starbucks and palm trees, so surreal. It was the first Starbucks I saw if you don't count the one in Finland. Yes finally Finland got their first Starbucks! Better late than never.
A cool thing was that we saw blue skies, which I hear is rare in Hong Kong. Apparently I had some very good luck when visiting.

While dining in Hong Kong, one of the delicacies is having ice lemon tea. The ice tea has fresh lemons in it and you need to properly squeeze them to get the proper flavor of the drink. I really loved it and found that even Coca-Cola had a lemon flavor. They sure like lemons in Hong Kong.
After walking along the side of Tsim Sha Tsui, we took the Star Ferry and crossed the sea to the side of Hong Kong Island.

There is a lot of traffic in between as you can see from the pictures. Notice the helicopter in the above picture. We saw a lot of them and wondered if it was the busy business men traveling from on side to another.
Hong Kong Island could be considered the oldest part of Hong Kong as it was occupied by UK and the city of Victoria was then established there. Now its a economic and historical center of the whole Hong Kong. It has several tall buildings, old buildings and parks. All in all there is a lot to see. Hong Kong Island also has the peak which I mentioned before. In the above picture you can see one of the HSBC buildings two lions. Both lions have names, the one in the picture is Stitt and the other is Steve. It is said that it is good luck to stroke the paws of the lions.




First time to see the Kony propaganda in real life. So sad but proves how gullible people are. We tend to repeat history, when we should learn from it. When will we humans learn??
Whoa, there we go lots of pictures and a lot to say. I hope I mentioned everything but if anyone has any questions don't be afraid to ask. I really like Hong Kong and there will be lots more pictures to show and stories to tell. Maybe even some pictures of me in action, I keep forgetting to be in pictures so often!

No comments:

Post a Comment