Saturday, July 30, 2016

Back to School

How is it that when you need to work hard, you end up doing something completely different and run out of coffee before you are even done? What about when you start doing your work and end up googling some random bit of information and start looking at what others did? Haha. That's my life. I'm not gonna lie I'm enjoying being back in school and using my brain, but at the same time I'm going through all those phases of anxiety and questioning myself as any new student does. Its funny how this works, I was laughing at Panda when he did his masters degree that come on its only school and now I'm in the exactly same situation. Life works in mysterious ways. I'm happy though, I get so much more energy from going to class and having more structure in my life. I feel more and more like my old plain self again. Though a bit more uncertain about myself and my skills.
(ain't it funny to post pictures from spring and a text from autumn, in the middle of summer? Better late than never right, though I could easily wear this again today maybe with a lighter blouse though and what is up with my hair, haha)
I'm also pleasantly surprised at the master's degree I chose at Turku University, Turku School of Economics. Its exactly what I wanted to study, and the teachers are great. The teaching methods are quite similar to what I experienced while studying in an University in Canada as well as in an University of Applied Sciences. There are of course things that aren't as great, just like in any school or workplace. I won't go into detail, but I feel that the orientations are different. I mean that in the University of Applied Sciences, the teachers and staff were more oriented towards students and their good performance. While now it seems I am more of a secondary objective, and if I want help it will directly influence my performance negatively. Well we will see how this develops, luckily I can ask Panda for help with any concerns.
I wrote these few words like half a year ago, but only now got around to publishing them.. I'm so fast even turtles go past me. Better late than never right? At this moment I am happily realising how much I love to read and surprisingly write. I never thought about a career in something literary due to my dyslexia, that caused me for a long time to regard myself as well plainly an idiot. Now I have little by little gather a lot more belief in myself and my abilities. I really look forward to stretching my skills further and seeing what I can achieve with hard work and practice. Hey maybe I will write a book someday ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment